Property Development: the Universal Difference
Universal Homes has over six decades of experience in end-to-end residential development and construction, at a mid- to large-scale.
- Creates quality large-scale communities taking farmland and greenfields through design, consent, subdivision, civil construction, house building, project marketing, and sales. Projects range from a few hundred to over one thousand homes.
- Produces integrated urban developments within other land developers’ master plans. From 10 to 100 homes per superlot (untitled sections) are designed and built.
- Delivers design and build or build-only projects for other developers and housing providers, ranging from standalone and terrace homes to two and three level walk-up apartments. Project sizes range from 10 to 100 units.
- Develops projects tailored to what is required, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Partners in various joint venture arrangements with landowners, Iwi and the Government on challenging projects with ambitious timeframes.
- Is an end-to-end property developer with 65 employees covering investment, urban design, architecture, engineering, consents, quantity surveying, civil and house construction, marketing, sales, finance, cost compliance, risk assessment and health and safety.
- Only has one legal entity. We don’t set up separate companies, we don’t require presales, and we have a strong balance sheet in New Zealand and an even stronger one with our parent company CMSK.
- We deliver what we promise, with care for the long term.
Since we are a land developer, we understand landowners' needs as they move through the development process. Because we manage all civil and house construction ourselves, we fully appreciate what being on budget and on time means for property developers and their funders return on investment.
Our history highlights our commitment to continuous innovation, design excellence, value for money and future focussed building solutions. For more about our prior developments and locations, head to our Completed Communities.
If you want it built, designed and built, a partnership to develop your land on a risk sharing basis, or to sell us your site and vision, then contact Kent Weeks - Mobile: 021 750 712 | Email: [email protected].
Design and Build: partner with Universal Homes
Universal Homes has been at the forefront of large-scale design and build development in New Zealand for over 60 years, building tens of thousands of quality, outstanding value homes from concept to completion. We have extensive experience partnering with landowners, government departments, developers and community organisations to design and build exceptional housing. We have the resources and financial ability to take on large-scale projects, and bring the considerable benefit of being able to draw on our experience from our own developments. The advantage of this is seen on a performance as well as a pricing level for our partners.
Our long-standing excellent relationships with suppliers and contractors along with our experience ensures we design and build quality, desirable homes completed within project construction timelines and to budget, whether standalone, duplex, terrace, or apartments. Our partners are able to draw on our extensive track record and our ability to provide a great cost-effective solution from a construction point of view, within the required price point. We can offer a full start from resource consent through to handover, or part thereof. We’re also able to pick up the project at any stage, whether prior to or after resource consent, and deliver completed quality homes to meet our partner’s vision.
We have the ability to manage and deliver your large-scale development from concept to completion, including design, resource and building consents, civil works, construction, and handover. Our depth of experience also ensures we have a meticulous approach to quality control. We take health and safety extremely seriously, with thorough processes in place. This strong health and safety ethic permeates across our suppliers and contractors. Developers have the security of knowing they have the Universal brand behind them, giving trust in the quality of the build and peace of mind for potential purchasers.
To speak with our team about your development, and how we can work with you on the design, build and beyond,
contact Kent Weeks - Mobile: 021 750 712 | Email: [email protected]